[uf-discuss] [hCite] call for examples: language

Karl Dubost karl at w3.org
Wed Jan 31 21:45:56 PST 2007

Le 1 févr. 2007 à 04:05, Colin Barrett a écrit :
> Book titles and the language they are in are not always identical.
> In general, messing with the meaning of @lang is tricky, as UAs may
> take that as a hint to use a different encoding.

encoding and languages are not the same beast.
I do not know any agents which does what you suggest. Do you know one?

lang /can/ be used, for example, in the following cases:
   - automatic translation with mixing of languages.
   - User agent (speech) for pronouncing with the right accent.

Some titles stays in their original languages, some titles are
changed and there's nothing in XHTML which addresses these cases as
should it be kept in the original language or not when translating.
Example Japanese names of authors. ITS is an XML effort for doing this

See "How I explained ITS to my child"
http://www.w3.org/QA/2006/10/how_i_explained_its_to_my_chil

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***