[uf-discuss] Ufs on bbc.co.uk/music

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Jul 3 11:08:25 PDT 2007

In message <C2AFFD3E.53A0%Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk>, Michael
Smethurst <Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk> writes

>On 3/7/07 13:07, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, July 3, 2007 12:41, Michael Smethurst wrote:
>>

>>> Artist and release pages on bbc.co.uk/music now feature hcard, hreview
>>> and rel-licence ufs:
>>>
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artist/m6qv/
>>
>> Nice one, but you have, for example, "The Beatles" as "fn" not "fn org",
>> leading to bogus n-optimisation.
>
>Unfortunately, the database doesn't tell me whether an artist is a
>person or a group.

I empathise - I had the same trouble with bands vs. artist in the
relevant infobox on Wikipedia, Fortunately, it is possible for other
parameters used there, to distinguish between them.

> So in the meantime it's the best I can do with available data...

I wonder whether "no microformats" would be better than "broken
microformats"?

What do others think?

--
Andy Mabbett