[uf-discuss] Multiple hCards

Rickards, Julian (NDM) julian.rickards at ontario.ca
Wed Jul 4 08:06:04 PDT 2007

Scott wrote:

> I just ran that fragment URL through X2V, which output only
> the Aretha Franklin vCard.  Taking a guess as to why you
> might be getting different results, if you're using X2V via a
> constructed URL per the instructions of
> "http://suda.co.uk/projects/microformats/hcard/get-
> contact.php?uri=<COMPLETE-URL-TO-YOUR-SITE>", that doesn't actually
> work with fragment URLs, because the # needs to be escaped
> (as %23).
> But that's my only guess as to what the problem is.

Hah!! Perfect! Didn't know I had to escape the fragment URL.

Did you get only the Aretha Franklin vCard? Last time you tested it for
me, you told me that you downloaded 3 vCards in one vcf and I just want
to make sure that with the fragment identifiers, when you click on the
links after either "James Brown" or "Aretha Franklin"
(http://jrickards.ca/hcard.html) you get only one vCard when you click
on the links.

Jules