[uf-discuss] Multiple hCards

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Jul 4 09:30:40 PDT 2007

On Jul 4, 2007, at 9:06 AM, Rickards, Julian (NDM) wrote:

>> Taking a guess as to why you
>> might be getting different results, if you're using X2V via a
>> constructed URL per the instructions of
>> "http://suda.co.uk/projects/microformats/hcard/get-
>> contact.php?uri=<COMPLETE-URL-TO-YOUR-SITE>", that doesn't actually
>> work with fragment URLs, because the # needs to be escaped
>> (as %23).
>
> Hah!! Perfect! Didn't know I had to escape the fragment URL.

Yeah, technically all URLs in query strings should be escaped, but
it's mostly only an issue with fragments.

> Did you get only the Aretha Franklin vCard? Last time you tested it
> for
> me, you told me that you downloaded 3 vCards in one vcf and I just
> want
> to make sure that with the fragment identifiers, when you click on the
> links after either "James Brown" or "Aretha Franklin"
> (http://jrickards.ca/hcard.html) you get only one vCard when you click
> on the links.

I get all three when I paste your non-fragment URL into X2V, and each
individual one when I click the fragment links on your page (which I
hadn't noticed before).  So everything seems to be working.

Peace,
Scott