[uf-discuss] The need for evidence of tagging (was: [hReview] Best way to find book reviews)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Jul 23 16:38:21 PDT 2007

In message
<2802.82.154.42.56.1185231309.squirrel at webmail.sergiosantos.info>,
me at sergiosantos.info writes

>On the hReview FAQ it advises to use to book rel='tag' to specify more
>the type of the review, this doesn't seem to be a common practice in
>the Examples in the wild.

Tagging is popular with bloggers; from casual observation, it seems to
be less so with other publishers (one reason for this may be that it
requires the target URLs to be of a certain format, which, if they are
not to be external, may not suit the CMS in use).

Perhaps we should take more care, in future, to ensure that tags are
only includes in microformat specs if the gathered evidence suggests
that publishers are already using them?

--
Andy Mabbett