[uf-discuss] Microformats gets strong showing in Firefox 3 UI

Montgomery, Mike MMontgomery at TerpSys.com
Tue Jun 5 05:02:21 PDT 2007

I like the idea of an icon that is activated when microformat content is
available as mentioned by Paul.  It would provide an immediate visual
cue that information is available without direct user interaction such
as having to hover of content or right-clicking.  It would also provide
a way to indicate information that may be hidden on the page.  I picture
it being similar to the RSS feed icon.  Maybe it is something that also
appears in the address bar.

For the record, I actually like the way the Operator add-on works in
Firefox.  It provides the mircoformat information broken down in
different categories (contacts, calendar, maps, etc.) in the tool bar
and the Options menu, it provides the ability to Highlight microformats
on the page when you mouseover them (similar to the cursor concept).  I
also like the fact I can turn off this feature.  However, I know that an
entire tool bar takes up a lot of browser real estate and something more
compact would be better.

One last thing, are there any thoughts on which microformats would be
supported by the Firefox UI?  Would it be all of them? Maybe it would
only be those that are specs and not drafts?

Mike Montgomery