[uf-discuss] Microformats gets strong showing in Firefox 3 UI

Robert Sayre sayrer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 01:12:28 PDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Paul Wilkins <paul_wilkins at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> My opinion is that the "hunt around and discover a mystery logo on some
> content" technique should be secondary and supplemental to aanother
> indicator that the microformat content is there, whether it be a visual
> icon, or an audible fanfare (just kidding), or *something* that alerts
> the user by saying "Hey, wake up!" to its presence.

In order to implement this indicator that alerts the user to wake up,
we'll need a method to prevent this markup from becoming a spam
vector,  or a popup-like UI annoyance.

I'm interested to find out what the answers are.

(disclosure: I work at Mozilla too, but I have never spoken to Alex or
Colin about this issue)

--

Robert Sayre