[uf-discuss] Re: Work-of-art/Tim Gambell

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 09:17:00 PDT 2007

Andy Mabbett wrote:

> Haven't you just reinvented RDFa?

There are a few important differences:

	* RDFa adds new attributes to XHTML -- my proposal doesn't.

	* RDFa uses namespaces to potentially "import" many different
	  metadata schemes. Mine doesn't. The "dc:" prefix on certain
	  class names should not be seen as a true namespace -- just a
	  name prefix to avoid collisions.

	* Mine leverages existing microformats, such as hcard and geo.
	  I'd also intended to include an example which leveraged
	  hcalendar to describe the history of a particular object,
	  but didn't have time to write it.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.12-12mdksmp, up 104 days, 23:55.]

                              URLs in demiblog
          http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2007/05/31/demiblog-urls/