[uf-discuss] microformats for normal people, like my mum

Alex Faaborg faaborg at mozilla.com
Thu Jun 28 05:20:20 PDT 2007

One reason to consider having both an implementation-level name and
an interface-level name:  Mozilla has had multiple inquiries from
reporters in the mainstream media who wanted to cover microformats in
stories about the future of the Web browser, but they then later
backed out because they felt the term "microformats" would only
appeal to developers, and not the average reader.

Also, from a user interface design perspective, we really shouldn't
expose implementation-level terminology to end users.

-Alex