[uf-discuss] Date of Death in hCard

Rickards, Julian (NDM) julian.rickards at ontario.ca
Thu Jun 28 08:57:09 PDT 2007

 John Beales wrote:

> This is an interesting idea - the modular approach.  This way we could
include not only a death date, but a place as well.
> Eventually this could be added to bday too, (it may be a trick to make
it stick to the vcard - but that's a challenge for later).
> Having birth and death dates and places would be very useful for
geneological and historical applications, although perhaps it's

Also, Ciaran McNulty wrote:

> I have an interest in genealogy so would like to see a way of getting
things like place of birth, marriage dates/locations/spouses
> into the format too (date-of-death of course also fits into this
usage).

I wonder if these ideas fit better into a hGenealogy microformat than
hCard?

Jules