[uf-discuss] Confused about telephone numbers in hCard

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri Jun 29 10:47:32 PDT 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Rickards, Julian (NDM) wrote:

>> So I changed the code to:

>> and now it works properly but HTML Tidy gives me a warning about
>> nested spans. So I changed it once again to combine the classes to:

> I believe you are running into a bug in tails export where <abbr>
> doesn't work.
>
> Can you try a test page that doesn't use abbr but still uses type ,
> and
> see what happens?

> The third code block works in Tails Export and doesn't use <abbr>, is
> this what you want?

The example above is not valid hCard.  Types are not classes, so
that's likely only working because it's ignoring the class="work"
completely.  I think what Mike was asking is if the following works:

class="value">1-800-670-5861</span></div>

Obviously that's not what you want to publish, but if that works and
the <abbr> doesn't then we've narrowed the problem down to Tails
failing to recognize <abbr> titles as content.  Also, do you have a
live URL of your first (correct) attempt we could use to test with
other tools?

P.S. Please don't top-post; it's hard to read.