UPDATE: Re: [uf-discuss] global editorial changes to the wiki - please avoid, and blocking

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue May 1 16:59:40 PDT 2007

On 5/1/07 8:17 AM, "Tantek Çelik" <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Two individuals have recently made global editorial changes to the wiki
> which are far from optimal, were not even proposed before executed, and thus
> are tantamount to damage or an attack on the wiki.

Any (presumably unintended, or innocent) damage has been repaired AFAIK.
In addition, beneficial edits among those done were marked "patrolled".

> Unfortunately, that leaves me no choice but to immediately block both users
> until the admins can decide how to proceed.  I'm hoping that this issue will
> be clarified in a matter of *hours* and that both blocks will be released
> when clarification is communicated, and various pages, e.g. "how-to-play"
> are updated accordingly.

http://microformats.org/wiki/how-to-play updated with some hastily written
guidelines.  Clearly we are still figuring all this out, please take a look.

> I apologize for the summary blocking without warning, but it is
> unfortunately the required response to summary global editing of the wiki
> without warning.

AndyMabbett and Gazza, apologies for the inconvenience of the temporary
blocking.  Thanks very much for your patience.  Blocks have been removed.

Thanks,

Tantek