[uf-discuss] global editorial changes to the wiki - please avoid, and blocking

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com
Tue May 1 11:59:51 PDT 2007

Hi Tantek,

On May 1, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> I apologize for the summary blocking without warning, but it is
> unfortunately the required response to summary global editing of
> the wiki
> without warning.

I appreciate that these are difficult decisions to make, and that you
at times need to make seemingly arbitrary decisions to protect the
health of the community.

However, while I appreciate the need to keep things as lightweight
and agile as possible, I really do think it would be healthier if we
some minimal but clear guidelines for what constituted appropriate
behavior, so that you didn't need to act "summarily."

Since this is clearly off-topic, I would love to hear what others
think (either pro or con) on the wiki page:

http://microformats.org/wiki/governance-issues#Petition

Thanks,
-- Ernie p.