[uf-discuss] Migrating from Custom XML to XHTML to (XHTML + Microformats)

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed May 2 10:59:23 PDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Costello, Roger L. <costello at mitre.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have written a short wiki article describing how an information
> design may evolve from custom XML tags, to XHTML tags, to XHTML +
> Microformats:
>
> http://www.xfront-wiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Alternative_Information
> _Designs

--- excellent, glad to see it is a wiki where anyone can edit. I
encouage you to add the information to the microformats wiki as well.

Awhile ago i wrote some XSLT code to convert any XML into XOXO.
http://suda.co.uk/projects/microformats/xoxo/

http://suda.co.uk/projects/microformats/xoxo/xml2xoxo.xsl

(i hope it still works, it has been awhile).

When converting the XML into XHTML if it is converted to XOXO as well,
then XOXO aware apps and libraries can internalise the data into
arrays easily.

You should have an example for XOXO output as well. if you have any
specific question about implementations and code to do this you should
consider asking the dev list as well.

-brian

--
brian suda