[uf-discuss] human readable date parsing

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri May 4 07:47:33 PDT 2007

On 5/3/07 7:10 PM, "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux at splintered.co.uk> wrote:

> But to bring it back to the original argument, the routine extraction
> does not necessarily have to equate to data visible in, say, a tooltip.
> The routine extraction may well be mediated via some machine interpretation.

"May" is insufficient in this case, as such machine mediated interpretation
is a "theoretical" (or certainly not available to many people) and thus
insufficient.

The "tooltip" is the only practical semi-visible method available currently.

This could change in the future, but XHTML 2.0 might also be adopted in the
future.  Such theoreticals are not useful to solving our problems now.

If you have a deployed practical semi-visibility alternative to the tooltip,
I'm very much interested to hear it.

Thanks,

Tantek