[uf-discuss] Regarding POSH and misuse of the microformats logo

Keith Alexander k.j.w.alexander at gmail.com
Sun May 6 02:25:20 PDT 2007

> I think POSH is useful as a
> conceptual tool for reifying the definition of microformats:
>
> POSH Patterns: semantic practices resulting in meaningful markup
> Microformats: HTML-based data formats

I think (at least) 3 distinctions need to be made:

- 'vanilla' semantic HTML (using non-presentational html markup
appropriate to the content it describes)
- HTML-based data formats (actually, this is what I was looking for a
term for when I suggested 'POSH')
- Microformats (HTML data formats that have gone through the
Microformats Process - a canon of html data formats )

Keith