[uf-discuss] Proposal: hArgument Microformat

Breton Slivka zen at zenpsycho.com
Sun May 20 15:32:30 PDT 2007

as stated before, proposals go on microformats-new, not this list.

Aside from that- microformats tend to be based on existing practice.
Wouldn't it be nice if people stated their assumptions straight off?
Microformats or no. Unfortunately, the persuasive power of many
arguments depend on the assumptions being kept secret. If the
assumptions were stated straight off, it would be so much easier to
debunk the argument by simply showing an assumption to be false. In
an ideal world, everyone would welcome this level of scrutiny and
criticism. Unfortunately, this world is populated with humans rather
than ideals, so we're stuck debunking arguments by sussing out the
assumptions, or spotting fallacies ourselves. Not everyone is
schooled in the nuances of logic.