[uf-discuss] Re: using namespace

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 07:32:26 PST 2007

Tatsuya Noyori wrote:

> I think microformats need namespace to ensure interoperability.
> How do you think about the suggestion?

No, they shouldn't. Firstly, microformats are supposed to be easy to use
and easy to parse. Introducing XML namespaces would complicate them.

Secondly, they're supposed to use the existing semantic facilities in
(X)HTML. Introducing namespaces will cause documents to fail (X)HTML DTD
validation.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 20:27.]

                    It'll be in the Last Place You Look
              http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2007/11/21/no2id/