[uf-discuss] Parsing XFN in PHP

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Tue Apr 8 07:21:37 PDT 2008

Ciaran McNulty <mail at ciaranmcnulty.com> Tue, 8 Apr 2008 14:38:37
>Have a look at the Google Social Graph API [1] - it doesn't query
>things 'live', but because it's Google they can return all the results
>in one response to your query, and it saves you spidering the site
>yourself and worrying about all the complexity that would involve.

I'm really looking forward to the SG-API becoming useful, but right now
it's pretty flaky. There's a lot of pages you'd expect to be in there
that aren't and the result you get back aren't what you'd expect.

>Alternatively, if you want to parse uFs in PHP, I believe hKit by Drew
>McLellan [2] may have some @rel=me support?

I'll take a look. Thanks.

--
Julian Bond  E&MSN: julian_bond at voidstar.com  M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173