[uf-discuss] Parsing XFN in PHP
julian_bond at voidstar.com
Thu Apr 10 00:30:16 PDT 2008
Kevin Marks <kevinmarks at gmail.com> Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:18:24
>We expect to crawl more often soon; one thing that you can do is use
>the test parser as described here:
>to parse pages that are missing from the index (though I wouldn't
>recommend doing this for huge numbers of pages, it coudl help as a
>stopgap, and also as a way to validate your own local parsing.
Hmmm. Now that's an interesting idea. Some thoughts:-
- Any chance of open-sourcing the parser? I presume it's python?
- A variation of the parser that used GET and took just two parameters,
a url and a urlFormat would be useful. Of course it could be built from
outside using the existing test parser.
- In fact that variation would make a great production service that
would really benefit the uF community.
As an aside, hKit could really use
- Support for all uFs and not just hCard
- Modifications to reduce dependencies and just possibly work with PHP4
Any chance of that happening? Are there any uF projects to build parser
libraries and uF validation tools?
Julian Bond E&MSN: julian_bond at voidstar.com M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173
Webmaster: http://www.ecademy.com/ T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
Personal WebLog: http://www.voidstar.com/ skype:julian.bond?chat
It's Got To Be Good
More information about the microformats-discuss