[uf-discuss] multiple hCards on a user's profile page - how
can I mark one as the actual user?
info at weborganics.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 12:35:14 PDT 2008
On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 08:31 +0100, Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Martin McEvoy wrote:
> > I have a new test going on my Dev site that does just about what you
> > suggest and converts XFN+hCard via XSLT to produce a FoaF file called
> > for want of a word xFoaF.
> > example output using http://www.tantek.com/#hcard as the
> > transformation
> Mostly looks good, but I'd suggest that you seem to have some of the
> relationships backwards. For example, Tantek has the following on his
> <a href='http://juliemelton.com' rel='muse'>Julie Melton</a>
> which you convert to:
> <Person rdf:ID="hcard">
> <name>Tantek Çelik</name>
> <Person rdf:about="http://juliemelton.com">
> <name>Julie Melton</name>
> <weblog rdf:resource="http://juliemelton.com"/>
> (I've simplified both down a bit.)
> I would suggest that the FOAF should be the other way around: Tantek
> apprenticeTo Julie; not Tantek mentorOf Julie. (Yes, the terms
> "mentor" and "apprentice" seem a bit odd, but they're about the
> closest terms that the FOAF relationships extension has to "muse".)
Thanks a lot for checking the output over for me, I have removed the
relationship vocab completely as it wasnt converting very well in favour
of using the XFN vocab itself.
> Also, you needlessly output multiple foaf:knows for each person.
Thanks didn't catch that Fixed now though I have also fixed parsing
multiple instances of the same person a much better output altogether.
Thanks again for your input.
More information about the microformats-discuss