[uf-discuss] multiple hCards on a user's profile page - how can I mark one as the actual user?

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 00:31:17 PDT 2008

Martin McEvoy wrote:

> I have a new test going on my Dev site that does just about what you
> suggest and  converts XFN+hCard via XSLT to produce a FoaF file called
> for want of a word xFoaF.

> example output using http://www.tantek.com/#hcard as the
> transformation

Mostly looks good, but I'd suggest that you seem to have some of the
relationships backwards. For example, Tantek has the following on his
page:

which you convert to:

	  <Person rdf:ID="hcard">
	    <name>Tantek Çelik</name>
	    <rel:mentorOf>
	      <Person rdf:about="http://juliemelton.com">
	        <name>Julie Melton</name>
	        <weblog rdf:resource="http://juliemelton.com"/>
	      </Person>
	    </rel:mentorOf>
	  </Person>

(I've simplified both down a bit.)

I would suggest that the FOAF should be the other way around: Tantek
apprenticeTo Julie; not Tantek mentorOf Julie. (Yes, the terms
"mentor" and "apprentice" seem a bit odd, but they're about the
closest terms that the FOAF relationships extension has to "muse".)

Also, you needlessly output multiple foaf:knows for each person.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>