[uf-discuss] Problems with rel-license?

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 06:01:53 PDT 2008

Hello All

I am having problems with the actual definition of "license" which seems
to ambiguous as it means TWO things and I am not sure which applies.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/License  "The verb *license* or *grant
> license* means to give permission. The noun *licence* (or license in
> American Spelling)  is the document demonstrating that permission".

Microformat class names are mostly (if not all) Nouns I am English I
spell it licence as in Driving licence, or TV licence so to mark up a
link to the document demonstrating that permission I would write,

<a rel="licence" href="http://somewhere.com/licence">Read My Licence</a>

Presuming there is nothing amiss it is wrong however (I've done this :-[
) this is the correct mark up:

<a rel="license" href="http://somewhere.com/licence">Read My Licence</a>

This (to me) seems semantically wrong ,  should I be bothered about this?

Thanks

Martin McEvoy