[uf-discuss] Calais: a POSH project?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Feb 2 09:13:56 PST 2008

Via Techdirt [1] I found an interesting project called OpenCalais [2]. It seems designed to
take arbitrary text documents and spit out semantic RDF.

There's absolutely no mention of microformats on the OpenCalais web site, but I can see
incorporating microformat markup into the output.  And, of course, any effort at making the
Web more POSH is A Good Thing.

The site seems sparse on working code or examples, and I haven't even tried to download the
developer package (needs a "developer key" -- not so Open, IMHO)

[1] http://techdirt.com/articles/20080131/115224140.shtml
[2] http://www.opencalais.com/

--Bob.