[uf-discuss] Re: Possible alternative methods for "include"

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 22:53:43 PST 2008

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Toby A Inkster writes:
>
>>The order of the space-delimited class attributes should be considered
>>significant -- that is, in <foo class="bar #baz"> the content referred
>>to by #baz is logically included as the last child of the <foo> element,
>>but in <foo class="#baz bar">, it is logically included as the first
>>child.
>
> I don't understand why that's necessary. Can you elaborate, please?

For addresses, the order of the included elements is probably not
important. When it comes to, say, printing an envelope, we all know that
the street address comes before the locality. Parsers can have this
knowledge hard-coded.

For other microformats and some proposed microformats, order may be
important. For example, the ordered steps in the "method" part of a recipe.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 5 days, 13:07.]

                             The World in 2050?
            http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/02/03/world-2050/