[uf-discuss] Re: Possible alternative methods for "include"

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 3 23:26:41 PST 2008

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> For addresses, the order of the included elements is probably not
> important. When it comes to, say, printing an envelope, we all know that
> the street address comes before the locality. Parsers can have this
> knowledge hard-coded.

This is probably true, although note this will require them to be
locale-aware as such rules don't necessarily hold fast in different
territories. For example, it seems that in Chinese addresses written in
Chinese the locality would come before the street address:

http://www.upu.int/post_code/en/countries/CHN.pdf

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis