[uf-discuss] haudio contributor
andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Feb 8 00:52:09 PST 2008
In message <C3D0EEB3.9C0E%Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk>, Michael
Smethurst <Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk> writes
>The problem for my work is I'm taking artist names out of musicbrainz.
>Musicbrainz does differentiate between artists singular and groups but
>the name field is a single string.
>I can use:
><span class="fn nickname">Madonna Louise Ciccone Ritchie</span>
>And treat all artist names as nicknames
><span class="fn org">Madonna Louise Ciccone Ritchie</span>
>And treat all artists as organisations
>Both of which seem wrong
>It's a commonish problem I've found with ufs. If you're handcrafting
>html they can be made to work fine - if you're generating pages
>dynamically from a db it gets trickier
I found the same problem on Wikipedia with addresses and names.
More information about the microformats-discuss