[uf-discuss] haudio contributor

Michael Smethurst Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 09:21:55 PST 2008

On 7/2/08 15:30, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, February 7, 2008 14:33, Michael Smethurst wrote:
>

>> Not sure I follow. The hcard wiki page says nickname optimisation
>> happens when " "FN" and "ORG" are not the same, and the value of the "FN"
>> property is exactly one word. What would: <span class="fn">Madonna Louise
>> Ciccone Ritchie</span>
>> Result in?
>
> No nickname; unlike the more comprehensive:

> Ritchie</span>

The problem for my work is I'm taking artist names out of musicbrainz.
Musicbrainz does differentiate between artists singular and groups but the
name field is a single string. So there's no differentiation between:

Madonna Louise Ciccone Ritchie

Madonna Ciccone

Madonna

Plastic Bertram

So I can use:

And treat all artist names as nicknames

or

And treat all artists as organisations

Both of which seem wrong

It's a commonish problem I've found with ufs. If you're handcrafting html
they can be made to work fine - if you're generating pages dynamically from
a db it gets trickier

http://www.bbc.co.uk/