[uf-discuss] Foaf Mo Music recommendations extracted from Microformats.

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 05:51:41 PST 2008

Hello All

I have managed to hack together a way of embedding foaf music
recommendations in html using the Microformats hAudio [1] and hCard
[2] with a little basic XSL run through the W3C Online XSLT 2.0 Service
[3] the concept of which seems like an amazingly useful thing to do.

The hAudio markup represents the concept of a mo:Track
and hCard markup with a single ID represents the concept of a
foaf:person

There are two other important propeties that are needed for the
transformation a link with rel="index" which is the base url and links
with rel="bookmark" which are links to the actual music
recommendations

I am not so good at explaining things so, the demos:

Source Document: http://darkstarserver.co.uk/

Extracted FOAF:
http://xml.mfd-consult.dk/foaf/explorer/?foaf=http%3A%2F%2Fdarkstarserver.co.uk%2FFOAF%2F%3Fid%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fdarkstarserver.co.uk%2Fnode%2F9

GRDDL output:
http://sparql.captsolo.net/browser/browser.py?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2007%2F08%2Fgrddl%2F%3FdocAddr%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fdarkstarserver.co.uk%2F%26output%3Drdfxml

As this is basically an extension of hAudioRSS the XSL is available to
download from:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/hAudioRSS

Comments, ideas on how I may be able to improve the semantics, or any
input, criticism is more than welcome

Reposted here:
http://groups.google.com/group/music-ontology-specification-group/browse_thread/thread/8dd6d5a70e9a9f55

Thanks For your time