[uf-discuss] Hcard - marking up sms short codes

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Jan 8 17:33:00 PST 2008

In message
<2e95f9b80801081631l5828c4ffp4c3d68c500eb0ff4 at mail.gmail.com>, Philip
Tellis <philip.tellis at gmail.com> writes

>On 08/01/2008, Guillaume Lebleu <gl at brixlogic.com> wrote:
>
>> Adding a TEL TYPE value 'sms' seems to be a viable possible option. It
>> is just another "service" available @ the phone number, just like voice,
>> fax, etc.
>
>so what we're looking at, is really two axes... one is the service
>running at the other end of a telephone number (voice, sms, fax, data),
>and the second is the location of this service (home, office, mobile).

Perhaps, but I'd slice it three ways and add more:

   service:

        voice, sms, fax, data, textphone, freephone

   connection:

        landline, mobile

        (though even then landline vs. mobile can be a vague
        distinction; and is perhaps becoming increasingly irrelevant.
        Then there's VoIP...)

   use:

        personal, work

So I can have, for instance, a: