[uf-discuss] Hcard - marking up sms short codes

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Tue Jan 8 19:26:18 PST 2008

> I'm not sure I'd bother distinguishing between landline and mobile,
> for the same reasons that you mentioned.  It's largely irrelevant.  My
> choice of work, home, mobile was more an indication of where I'm
> likely to be if you reach me on one of these numbers, ie, if you know
> I'm at home, you're most likely to reach me on my home phone, and very
> unlikely to reach me on my office phone.

It might be of interest to people in some places - especially when there may
be differences between the costs of making a call to a landline or a mobile.
eg .. here in Sydney if I'm calling a local landline number from another
landline it is a cheap untimed local call rate.
wheras if I am calling from a mobile it is usually cheaper to call another
mobile number than a landline.

...also ... there may be a "preferred" number that people may want to be
used when multiple numbers are available...
(also each number might have times associated with it - when the person can
be contacted on that number)