[uf-discuss] Human and machine readable data format

Karl Dubost karl at w3.org
Wed Jul 2 17:02:29 PDT 2008

Le 3 juil. 2008 à 01:36, Guillaume Lebleu a écrit :
> In other words, if I want to write my date in French in an en-us
> html document, I'd have to attach lang="fr" to my date or its
> containing content,
[…]
> Do you still see this as dangerous practice?

not dangerous but unpractical in the case of editions through web
forms. Because of the state of art of browser implementations, there
is no real and interoperable editing tool in the browser context. I
guess it's one of the major blows for interesting authoring on the
Web, now.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/