[uf-discuss] hoard.it

Jim O'Donnell jim at eatyourgreens.org.uk
Wed Jul 9 14:06:55 PDT 2008

Thanks. I don't know what Dan did for hoard.it, but our original
script treated 'about' or 'circa' as the date plus/minus five years.
So 'circa 1800' would be returned as '1795/1805'. For 'before' or
'after', you could return a pair of dates with either the first or
second blank, accordingly. This is assuming we encode time periods as
per the guidelines in the PNDS application profile:
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/pns/pndsdcap/
#DctermsTemporalDctermsPeriod

Jim

On 8 Jul 2008, at 06:02, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> Sounds great!  How does it deal with dates commonly found in
> genealogy, such as "ABT 7 July 1950" or "AFT 25 Dec 2000" or "BEF
> Jan 1925"? or even  "ABT 2000 ?
>
> --Bob.

Jim O'Donnell
jim at eatyourgreens.org.uk