[uf-discuss] microformat based web search

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Fri Jun 20 06:31:42 PDT 2008

rob smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I am right, one of the primary objectives of using microformats is to be able to retrieve the desired information from web pages around the world easily and reliably.
>
> In connection with this, I'd like to know which all search engines support the "microformat based web search". In other words, how do I do a "microformat based web search" using a search engine like google/yahoo/technorati? e.g. how do I query for all events happening around the world on July 16, 2008?

Not a direct answer, but you might look into SearchMonkey from Yahoo
(this decorates search results page with custom info from microformats
and rdf); or at Google's Social Graph API, which is focussed more on
identity reasoning about people identified in different ways, described
in xfn and foaf.

hope this helps,

Dan

--