[uf-discuss] hReview limitations/restrictions

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 07:09:13 PDT 2008

Hi Geoff,

On 26 Jun 2008, at 15:01, Geoff Berger wrote:

> Are there any limitations or restrictions to using hReview for
> commercial purposes?
>
> The company I work for is looking to use hReview. However, we do not
> want to use if there are any legal restrictions or if the community
> would be opposed to it.

All microformat specifications are released into the Public Domain and
can be used by any person or organisation without restriction.

Many commercial entities are already using microformats on a large
scale; Yahoo (who I work for) publish a huge amount of hCard,
hCalendar, hReview, hListing, and, err, many more.

The very purpose of microformats, to better describe the information
we publish in pages, dictates that *everyone* is encouraged to publish
with them.

Regards,