[uf-discuss] indexing microformats

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:34:37 PDT 2008

On 10/1/08, Karsten Januszewski <karstenj at windows.microsoft.com> wrote:
>  What tool or services are out there that index and tabulate Microformats as such?

--- Both technorati's pingerati and alexa were good sources of data.
Yahoo's search monkey allows you to style search output, but i don't
think the microformatted data is directly exposed.

>  Another question: how do people feel about the use of the word "Microformat" as a verb or adjective, aka "microformatted content" or "can you please Microformat that page with an hCard?"

--- that's a good question! I know there has been some effort to make
microformats lower-case 'm' as well.

You might also consider adding that question to the FAQs page, then we
can all work on an answer together

http://microformats.org/wiki/faq

or possibly start a new page

http://microformats.org/wiki/usage (maybe)?

to help describe how to, or how freely you can, and in what context
the term 'microformat' can be used.

-brian

--
brian suda