[uf-discuss] Employment end dates in hResume - outstanding issue

Zachary Carter zack.carter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:11:26 PDT 2008

+1 for this as something that should be resolved. A standard procedure
for this would be needed for interoperability.

I could see this being useful for hCalendar also, though the most
common occurrence of events with indefinite end dates do happen to be
within hResume. Another usecase could be a historical timeline marking
the current age as the "Information Age," which would be ongoing.

I like a solution (such as yours) where the parser can take the burden
of including the current date if necessary, as the publisher might not
be able to generate the current date dynamically. When the parser sees
the 'ongoing' class it could insert the current date as dtend if
appropriate when exported to a static format.

Best,

Zach Carter
http://zachcarter.info