[uf-discuss] ISO Dates and Durations using Style

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 12:43:19 PDT 2008

Hello all

Something caught my eye when I was investigating resolutions for the
abbr-design-pattern

"...Any style sheet language may be used with HTML. A simple style sheet
language may suffice for the needs of most users, but other languages
may be more suited to highly specialized needs..."[1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/styles.html#h-14.2

If any style sheet language can be used, why don't microformats create
their own style language eg:

or something similar, parsers can just as easily determine values from
@style as they can any other property.

Thanks

Martin McEvoy