[uf-discuss] hCard, "photo" element: Inlined or embedded images according to rfc 2397?

Toby Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Fri Dec 11 04:47:23 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 12:34 +0100, Tobias Prinz wrote:
> Of course I also have to check whether the parser I am currently using
> supports this, too (which is independent of the standard), but right I
> am more interested in the standard itself.

Swignition <http://buzzword.org.uk/swignition/> does support RFC2397
data URLs. When it outputs vCard it converts them on the fly to
"PHOTO;TYPE=BASE64:" properties which seem to be better supported in
address book apps than data URLs are.

The Swignition web service is down right now, but the Perl library and
command line app is still available for download.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>