[uf-discuss] geo shorthand in anchor

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 31 07:10:45 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Sarven Capadisli <info at csarven.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 22:30 +0000, Brian Suda wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Sarven Capadisli <info at csarven.ca> wrote:
>> > AFAIK:
>> >
>> > The StatusNet platform as of version 0.9RC1 e.g.,
>> > http://identi.ca/notice/17811123
>> >
>> > Potentially, publicly documented sites at
>> > http://status.net/wiki/ListOfServers on update.
>>
>> --- great, can you add/start a page on the wiki to document these?
>> that way we can find common formats and any emerging syntaxes.
>>
>> -brian
>>

> Added to
> http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-brainstorming#latitude_longitude_shorthand_and_geo_link for now.

Sarven thanks very much for documenting that on the wiki - that page
is a good place to capture existing publishing patterns regarding geo
information.

> I left it out of http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-examples-in-wild and
> http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-examples thinking that only the
> acknowledged representations should be listed there. Am I right?

Yes that's right. The "examples-in-wild" pages are for documenting
uses of existing microformats on real world web pages.

One quick bit of feedback on this thread (which I'll also note on the
wiki next to the examples added) - use of the title attribute for
semicolon separated lat-long may not be the user-friendliest thing to
do.

Given microformats experience with various uses of the the title
attribute - a good rule of thumb is to check to make sure that the
content you are putting into the title attribute is both reasonably
human readable and listenable.

Thanks,

Tantek

--