[uf-discuss] title -> heading/label/caption/?

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Thu Jan 15 14:44:38 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Toby A Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk> wrote:
> Kevin Marks wrote:
>
>> 'label' is used in hCard for unstructured addresses.
>> could you re-use 'entry-title' from hAtom?
>
> entry-title was my suggestion a while back (see
> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2008-April/001600.html)
> but some people pointed out that it might be problematic for people who want
> to produce an hAtom feed of recipes without using the same titles for the
> recipes and entries.

Just throwing out there that if new microformats used something like
item [1] as a starting point (including using the class "item" in
conjunction), they'd gain

- a well evolved and understood terminology, so we wouldn't have the
title debate on a fortnightly basis
- opacity [2] to container microformats

Regards, etc...

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/item