[uf-discuss] hcalendar - irregular repeat of identical meeting.

Ray Foulkes Ray.Foulkes at attglobal.net
Sun Mar 8 03:29:21 PST 2009

> At least two:
> Try:
Thanks Toby, I did say I was a newbie did I not?
Originally I had a datetime but I thought that I had to remove the time
because I had no dtend - and goofed the syntax...
Anyway, I have tried the above without much success. What I did was to
a) implement your correction above in my table resulting in lines like:
b) pasted the exact text from your mail immediately below the table.
c) below that pasted your exact text but replaced your <span> with the
<abbr> above (i.e. resulting in 3 separate Vevents).
d) check using Amaya that I have no syntax errors in the page.

Unfortunately neither tails nor x2v pick up the rdates in any of the
above. The resulting ICS file (truncating the one bit that works) is:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//suda.co.uk//X2V 0.9.2.1 (BETA)//EN
X-ORIGINAL-URL:http://pws.prserv.net/oignies/agenda_english.htm
X-WR-CALNAME;CHARSET=utf-8:Diary
VERSION:2.0
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY;CHARSET=utf-8:CMCF Sunday opening 2009
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20090412
RDATE;VALUE=PERIOD:/
END:VEVENT

BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY;CHARSET=utf-8:My Irregular Meeting
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20010101
RDATE;VALUE=PERIOD:/
END:VEVENT

BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY;CHARSET=utf-8:My Irregular Meeting bis
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20090412
RDATE;VALUE=PERIOD:/
END:VEVENT

BEGIN:VEVENT
.....Single event that works fine.
END:VEVENT

END:VCALENDAR

Just to add some further complexity, when I first start "tails" I get a
number of Javascript errors viz:
'xmdp_addr' not found
'xmdp_fn' not found
'xmdp_org' not found
'xmdp_title' not found
'xmdp_tel' not found
Which do not repeat if I refresh the page. I know that this is not your
problem, but nevertheless it exists. Tails gives no better results than x2V.

Since I am really trying to drain the swamp, I think I had better find a
way around these alligators for the moment. Thanks for your assistance.
Ray