[uf-discuss] H2VX combines multiple fragment identifiers

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Nov 9 16:58:05 PST 2009

Thanx, Tantek! Escaping only the '#' wasn't sufficient, but escaping all
non-alpha did the trick for the download URL:

 http://h2vx.com/ics/get-cal.php?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2F%23meeting1

The problem still exists with the subscribe URL, tho.  It's the same
escaped URL, appended with   &subscribe=Subscribe  :

 http://h2vx.com/ics/get-cal.php?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2F%23meeting1&subscribe=Subscribe

(which looks like &subscribe=Subscribe in HTML)

When I refresh the  link in Thunderbird Lighting it still shows both
meetings.

Evolution strips off fragment identifiers and the &subscribe=Subscribe
parameter, and changes http:// to webcal://   Nothing appears in the
calendar (but there's no error either).

Google Calendar returns the error "Could not fetch the url because
robots.txt prevents us from crawling the url."

FWIW, as a Web page author I find the H2XV site a bit awkward to use --
it's difficult to find the URLs to use in my Web page. As an end-user it
fine to have the H2VX bookmarklets in my toolbar, but as a page author I
can't be sure everyone has the bookmarklets or Operator installed.
(added to http://microformats.org/wiki/h2vx#feedback )

--Bob.