[uf-discuss] hProduct/hReview issue

George Brocklehurst george.brocklehurst at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 06:48:23 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Ben Ward <lists at ben-ward.co.uk> wrote:

> This ties closely to some work I started documenting last year on “containers” in general. That being, the pattern where you have a number of microformats in a page applied to the same ‘item’, or more generally, where properties of the main subject of a page are shared by multiple microformat objects (such as, a TV listings page contains many `vevents`, they all share the same `location` (the channel name).)
>
> Could be worth adding to that documentation the `hProduct contains hReviews` pattern with that. As ever, further thoughts on the modelling are appreciated.

I've added "hProduct contains hReviews" to the list of existing
containers, as well as an additional suggestion of how containers
could be marked up [1].

Given the containers work it would make sense to remove the `review`
property from hProduct altogether, and instead use a more generic
container structure to mark up multiple reviews that share the same
item.  This would allow all review items (hProducts, hCards, hCalendar
events etc.) to be shared between multiple reviews, instead of
defining a special case which was only applicable to product reviews.

[1]  http://microformats.org/wiki/container-brainstorming#Prefixes_to_indicate_shared_properties