[uf-discuss] Trying to learn microformats

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 09:09:35 PDT 2010

  Hello Tim,

On 16/08/2010 13:59, Tim's Trees wrote:
> I came across the following script, but I can not get it to be
> recognised as a microformat, by my browsers Chrome and Firefox, with
> the normal microformat extensions.
>
> Other microformats I have tried were recognised.
>
> The offending code is

> <a class=”url” href=”http://www.zvents.com/fort-worth-tx/events/show/79634462″></a>
> <abbr class=”dtstart” title=”20080309T200000″ />
> <abbr class=”dtend” title=”20080309T200000″ />
> Daddy</span>
> class=”url fn org” only_path=”false”>Bass Performance Hall</a>

It looks like you have some mixed quotes "" in there, if I copy and
paste your example into notepad nothing seems to be amiss but if you
paste into something else say dreamweaver or notepad2 you start to see
the problem :) try validating.

You can validate fragments of html at
http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input+with_options , check validate
html fragment,  you will see what the problem is.

Microform.at has a transformer that transforms microformat fragments by
direct input http://microform.at/direct/ which is useful for trying new
markup, test before you publish ;)

Hope all that helps, good luck.

--