[uf-discuss] Trying to learn microformats

Tim's Trees timstrees at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 17 00:52:31 PDT 2010

Martin,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I had hoped my site would be a comprehensive list of events within a
certain category.

Let us say Craft Fairs and because of the searching I would provide, a
user could select all Craft Fairs in the Cornwall area for the next 12
months.
If each event was an hCalendar, then they could right click to add all
to a Google Calendar and publish that Google Calendar.  If I had hoped
to generate some sort of advertising revenue from my original site,
then this would potentially dilute that income stream.

They could similarly data-scrape the page and reformat and publish,
but that would be more difficult.

So my fear was/is, am I making it too easy to acquire my lists or
should I take it as a compliment and not worry.

I was also looking at doing something similar with hListing for a
classifieds' site.

Many thanks again for your excellent reply.

Tim