[uf-discuss] re: HTML5 support

Philip Jägenstedt philipj at opera.com
Thu Jul 22 06:53:10 PDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:04:42 +0200, Sarven Capadisli <info at csarven.ca>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 16:33 +0200, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:46:08 +0200, Stephen Paul Weber
>> <singpolyma at singpolyma.net> wrote:

>> > I'm pretty sure Firefox already supports µfs...
>>
>> Are you sure it's not a plugin? If not, I'd be very interested to see it
>> in action.
>>

> It has some support. See also resource://gre/modules/Microformats.js and
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_microformats
>
> Probably the best way to see it in action is via JetPack:
> https://jetpack.mozillalabs.com/

Thanks, that's pretty cool. However, I note that this is only loaded on
demand. Looking for e.g. hcards on every page parsed is not quite the same
thing, and is what you'd need to do to have a button similar to the orange
"feed" button pop up for all pages where there's something to add to the
address book or calendar.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer