[uf-discuss] re: HTML5 support

Angelo Gladding angelo at gladding.name
Thu Jul 22 11:32:33 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj at opera.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:04:42 +0200, Sarven Capadisli <info at csarven.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 16:33 +0200, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

>>> Are you sure it's not a plugin? If not, I'd be very interested to see it
>>> in action.
>>>

>> It has some support. See also resource://gre/modules/Microformats.js and
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_microformats
>>
>> Probably the best way to see it in action is via JetPack:
>> https://jetpack.mozillalabs.com/
>
> Thanks, that's pretty cool. However, I note that this is only loaded on
> demand. Looking for e.g. hcards on every page parsed is not quite the same
> thing, and is what you'd need to do to have a button similar to the orange
> "feed" button pop up for all pages where there's something to add to the
> address book or calendar.

Firefox's Operator Plugin [1] has sniffed the microformats of each and every
document that I have opened on multiple computers (ranging from slow to fast)
for several years now. Make sure to install appropriate user scripts [2].

[1]: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4106/
[2]: http://kaply.com/weblog/operator-user-scripts/

--
Angelo Gladding