[uf-new] Microformat for Music Downloads

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 12:39:03 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 11:58 -0500, Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
> > Martin,
> >
> > If the only fields that we have to contend with are artist and
> > object, I
> > would agree with you. However, if you take a look at the types of
> > fields
> > that we are dealing with for music:
> >
> > http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-
> > examples#Analysis_of_Music_Sites
>
> I think Martin was talking about this problem:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/music-examples#The_Problem

Yes I was referring more to this problem, a was thinking more along the
lines of playing the content in a music player such as iTunes or Amarok
directly from a blog or Artist's website and being able to read a review
about the track you are listening to either as a feed or by viewing the
web page its self.

> Which is much simpler than the media info problem:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-brainstorming#The_Problem
>

>From what I understand so far is this about the actual file itself?
maybe the media-info should relate more to the metadata attached to the
file itself and should follow the lines if already widely used formats
such as idv3.