[uf-new] media-info and podcasts

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Tue Apr 10 08:53:38 PDT 2007

Alexandre Van de Sande wrote:
> One aspect that media-info for music should address is that of a long
> file with multiple musics inside, like a music podcast or a mix tape.

I agree that it would be desirable, but I couldn't find many examples of
podcasts that listed their tracks on the web page. Please add as many
links as you can find. Remember, we'll need quite a few for it to be
statistically significant.

> Many podcasts
> post a track listing so that would be probably the best place to start
> microformatting.

We will need the concept of an "album", or a "collection of audio items"
in audio-info. There are more than enough examples of albums listed on
web pages to outline this requirement. Perhaps this solution should take
your issue into consideration - as they are the same issue at the end of
the day. If things work out, we should be able to support track listings
in podcasts and audio albums using the same format or layout.

We might be able to use collection-description:

http://microformats.org/wiki/collection-description

> I am going to post some examples on the wiki, but I am just wondering
> if I missed this discussion somewhere?

I don't think you missed that discussion, or at least, I'm unaware if it
happened.